We are living in an age where people are addicted to their mobile phones. It is estimated that over 70% of the world’s population have a mobile phone. As the mobile phone users are increasing rapidly, most of the entrepreneurs have already started to use mobile as an effective marketing tool. As the dependence on mobile is growing rapidly, plenty of opportunities are emerging for entrepreneurs to reach potential customers quickly and effectively. SMS marketing today is one of the highly preferred medium for any promotional campaign. text marketing
As it is cheap and reliable, even multinational companies have started to use it for marketing purpose. When it’s up to sms marketing, you need to choose sms service providers tactfully because only experienced service providers will be able to provide customized solutions as per your business needs. Nowadays, most of the service providers offer free bulk sms software to grab the attention of entrepreneurs and multinational companies. As the bulk sms software enables you to target your product to specific prospects, you need to choose advanced software that are easy to use and reliable. As the sms marketing is booming rapidly, different types of targeting techniques are used by entrepreneurs to reach the target audience. Some widely used targeting methods are listed below:
1. Geographic targeting: An expert service provider allows you to send your bulk sms to any state, region or area. You can even go to the extent of specifying the pin code of your target area. If your service is region specific sending nationwide sms is just a waste of time and money. So such geographic targeting ensures the maximum ROI for your SMS marketing campaign.
2. Psychographic targeting: This method ensures that the SMS you send reaches the customers only when they prefer to read it. For example if a customer is busy during weekdays and prefers to receive ad messages during weekends when he shops, then your message will reach him right on time.
3. Demographic targeting: Demographics are crucial aspects of any marketing campaign and this targeting is particularly useful for sms marketing. For example if your product is a face cream for 30+ age group women then your bulk sms will reach the desired audience through demographic targeting.
4. Mobiliographic Targeting: If your ad contains video or multimedia content it will be sent only to mobiles which support multimedia content.
5. Contextual Targeting: This type of targeting ensures your message accompanies a sms which is in context with your offering.